Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A is for Apple

This is the first post of my "ABC's for Losing Weight". Hopefully each week I will post on the next letter of the alphabet and that letter will have something to do with losing weight.

This week it is all about Apples. I have been reading a lot about apples recently. Even in Weight Watchers our leader told us that they are coming out with a new program next week and they have been sworn to secrecy about it, but one thing she told us is that you eat apples. So I decided to do some research on apples.

If you go here, here, or here you can read all about apples.  Most of them recommend that you eat three apples a day.  That's 21 apples a week and almost 100 in a month.  I don't know about you, but I think I would get sick of them if I ate that many!  So, I have started out eating a half of an apple mid-morning, the other half mid-afternoon and then a small container of applesauce after my evening workout.  It seems to satisfy my sweet tooth and curb my appetite.

My favorite apple so far is the Honey Crisp.  It is sweet, firm and tart all rolled in to one! 

So eat an apple a day and keep the doctor away and hopefully a few pounds too!


Y PAM

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to try a honey crisp. I don't think I've ever had one before. I like fuji and gala apples. I don't think I could stand to eat three apples a day.

    ReplyDelete