Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Weighing In

This blog post has been the most difficult so far. I knew exactly what the title was going to be and I knew exactly what I wanted to write about, but I have written and erased it several times. I guess just as losing weight is difficult, so is writing about it.


I started going to Weight Watchers 9 weeks ago. This is probably my fifth or sixth time of joining WW. I have been successful in the past with the program, so that is why I decided to go with them again. A co-worker also joined. We weigh in every Tuesday during lunch. I have lost 6.4 pounds. That averages out to a loss of about .7 per week. Not that great, but at least I am losing.


I know what my problem is. I like food. No, I LOVE food. I love to cook it. I love to eat it. I love to go out to eat. I love sweets. I love chocolate. I love margaritas. I drink. I eat.


I am hoping this blog will help me with my weight loss too. I noticed that on Erin's blog she is doing "ABC's of Happiness". With each letter of the alphabet she tells what makes her happy that begins with that letter. So I have decided to sort of steal her idea to help with my weight loss, but with a little different approach. There are 26 letters in the alphabet. So each week I am going to blog on a different letter. It will have something to do with weight loss, exercise, recipes, etc. It will take 26 weeks to get through the whole alphabet. That's 6 months. Hopefully at the end of those 26 weeks I will be at my goal weight. It's worth a try!

Y PAM

2 comments:

  1. That is an AWESOME idea!!! And I think the weekly posting and thinking about future posts, etc will help you keep focused. Kind of turn your weight loss into a project. I can't wait to see what you come up with! GOOD LUCK! YOU CAN DO IT! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually stole my ABC Idea from another friend's blog... Glad I could pay it forward!!! =) I look forward to reading your ABC posts too!

    ReplyDelete