Wednesday, December 29, 2010

E is for Exercise and F is for Fad Diets

This month has been a little stressful and hectic as most of you know.  I didn't have the time or energy to post last week, so this week you get two for the price of one. 

Exercise.  We all know how important it is for weight loss and for our health.  We always make excuses though.  We don't have the time.  We don't have the energy.  The last month I have used every excuse I can think of, but I am sure if I had made the time I would definitely feel a lot better.  I always do after I exercise.  Especially after a good run.  I love to run.  It is a time to clear your mind and think things through or to listen to music and not think about anything.  It's a time to de-stress and I certainly need that right now.  I am going to get up a little earlier tomorrow morning and Lance and I are going for a run and hopefully the weather will stay decent so we can get back in to our routine.  After sitting in the car driving back and forth to Louisville and sitting in the hospital for the last three weeks I know it's going to feel good to get out there and run again!

Now for Fad Diets.  Just because it's called a "fad" diet doesn't mean the diet is a failure.  A fad diet to me is any diet that becomes really popular and then sort of fades away.  I am sure the majority of us have tried one or two or three or four!  Let's see if I can name all the ones I have tried. 

The Three Day Diet.  Probably my favorite of all.  It's easy and you are supposed to lose 10 pounds in the three days.  I don't think I have ever lost that much on it, but I keep trying! 

The Cabbage Soup Diet.  Never really liked this one.  I think I have tried it twice, but don't think I lasted the entire 7 days on it.

The Grapefruit Diet.  This one isn't that bad, but grapefruit can interfere with some medications, so be careful.

The Scarsdale Diet.  I don't think I ever tried this one, but remember people talking about it.  I looked it up and it doesn't sound that bad, but it does have grapefruit on the menu too. 

The list goes on and on and on.  South Beach.  Atkins.  Which ones have you tried?  Have they worked?  Did you keep the weight off?  

I am going to start exercising again tomorrow and my "diet" will start on Monday, January 3rd.  I haven't decided yet which plan I will go with.  Stay tuned for more details!   



Y PAM

No comments:

Post a Comment