Tuesday, May 3, 2011

P is for Procrastinator

Yes, I am a procrastinator.  That's not 100% correct.  I guess you could say that sometimes I procrastinate.  There's no rhyme nor reason.  That's not 100% correct either.  I procrastinate when I don't want to do something.  Like dieting and exercising.

I started the ABC's of dieting 23 weeks ago.  If I had actually been dieting and exercising I should be down at least 23 pounds right now.  That is safely losing only 1 pound per week, but instead I am exactly the same weight I was when I started this blog.  The same weight, but I have actually "gained" a few inches.  My clothes are definitely a little snugger and disgusting looking on me.  Sigh. 

What is wrong with me?  Why do I put myself through this?  I don't have the answers.  If I did then I would share them with you and I would also be healthy and skinny.  Instead I am miserable and chunky.  I really wish there were a magic diet pill we could take and we would instantly be slim and trim, but there's not one and never will be.  The only thing to do is count calories and exercise. 

It's getting late.  I'm not getting any younger.  I need to start RIGHT NOW!  So having said that I make this promise to you.  My reader(s).  Tomorrow, Wednesday, May 4, 2011 is going to be the first day of my new diet and exercise program.  I am going to get up early and go for a run or do one of my countless exercise videos (depends on the weather).  I am taking my lunch and I am going to eat it.  I can do this.  I have done it before I can do it again.  It really isn't that hard. 

I saw this quote online tonight.  "When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place." Author~Unknown.  I'm not giving up.  I'm holding on.  I hope you hold on with me.


Y PAM

2 comments:

  1. Q is for quit beating yourself up!!! It's not how often you fail that matters--we all fail, especially with long-term goals related to life habits. The important thing is to keep trying. I'm also guessing I'm not the only one who loves you no matter how snug your clothes fit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA!!! I just saw this comment and thank you! I do need to quit beating myself up, but it's not easy to do!! It's good to know that I have friends like you that will love me no matter what! I love you too! =)

    ReplyDelete