Sunday, May 15, 2011

Q is for Quit and Quick

A dear friend suggested that Q should be for Quit.  As in quit beating myself up.  He said it's not how often you fail that matters--we all fail, especially with long-term goals related to life habits. The important thing is to keep trying. He also said that he was guessing that he was not the only one who loves me no matter how snug my clothes fit!  I thought that was very sweet and had to share that.  It really meant a lot to me!

Now on with the Quick!  =)

We all want the quick way out.  Especially when it comes to losing weight.  The weight comes on quickly, so why shouldn't it come off quickly?  I can easily gain about 2-3 pounds during a very fun-filled weekend!  It would take me about 2 weeks of dieting and exercise to get those same 2-3 pounds off.  That just doesn't seem fair.  Of course, if I don't get those pounds off then the next fun-filled weekend will pack on more pounds and on and on.  Before I know it, I am 25 pounds overweight.  That's where I am at this point.  I leave in about 10 days for the beach.  My body is no where near bathing suit ready, but that's not going to stop me!  You probably don't want to be around me for the next 10 days.  I will be a little crazy.  Ok, maybe a lot crazy!  I am going to exercise like crazy and I will be eating healthy trying to lose at least a few pounds before we leave.  I know what you are all thinking.  Why didn't I do this months ago instead of 10 days before leaving for the beach??  I really don't have an answer.  Except that I love to eat and I really haven't had a lot of time to exercise.  I guess I should say I haven't made the time to exercise.  As MR said though I am not going to beat myself up over it.  I am going to exercise like I am supposed to and I am going to eat healthy like I am supposed to and maybe just maybe I will be down a few pounds by the time we leave, so at least my clothes won't fit so snugly.  =)  Wish me luck!!



Y PAM

No comments:

Post a Comment