Tuesday, May 31, 2011

R is for Rest and Relaxation

Yes.  I know.  Rest and Relaxation have nothing to do with diet and exercise, but I was on vacation in Florida.  What else could I write about? 

You know that I did not diet while I was there.  I did get in a little exercise.  Walking to the beach.  Swimming.  Although you really can't call it swimming, because I don't know how to swim, but I am kicking my feet and paddling around, sort of!  We also had to walk back and forth from the pool or beach to the condo to freshen up our drinks!  One day we walked to The Floridian to get lunch and do some shopping.  We also walked to Britt's Coal Fire Pizza one day for lunch.  They had the best pizza and sangria!  After lunch that day we walked to the beach for Bands on the Sand.  Several bands played throughout the day.  They had food vendors, crafts and of course, beer!  They also had fireworks at 10pm.  The beach was packed that day.

The day after we got back from our mini vacation I got on the scale.  I gained one pound for every day we were gone.  I know the majority of it came from the alcohol consumption, but Carey made the best Strawberry Margaritas!  I couldn't turn them down. 

Now I need to get myself back on track and lose those pounds I gained plus about 25 more!  I know I have been saying that now for about 6 months - ok, maybe longer - but nothing will make you lose weight faster than seeing yourself in a bathing suit!!  =)

Hopefully by the next post I will have lost a pound or two......



Y PAM

No comments:

Post a Comment