Friday, June 3, 2011

S is for Sunshine

As you probably know I am still in vacation mode.  I know we have been back several days, but for now I am still calm and relaxed!  I think it is from all that sunshine!  I love sunshine.  The sun is a major source of Vitamin D, a vitamin that keeps us happy, and which many people lack.  I was in The Sunshine State last week and I was extremely happy!  The weather was absolutely perfect the whole time we were there!

Now that I am back from vacation I need to get in diet mode too.  With the weather getting warmer here I can start going to the farmers market again.  I can get lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and start eating better. 

I guess I can say S is for Salads too!  I love salads.  You can make all sorts of different salads.  There are many different types of lettuce.  There's leaf lettuce, radicchio, spinach, romaine, just to name a few.  Then pile on other yummy vegetables.  Cucumbers, radishes, carrots, red peppers, celery.  I love to lightly steam green beans and then run under cold water and add those to my salads.  Sugar snap peas are a favorite too.  I like to add dried cranberries and a few almonds.  Just be careful what you add though, because you can really pile on the calories even to a salad.  Use light or fat free dressing too.  Don't forget to add some protein too.  Grilled chicken, salmon, boiled eggs.  Happy eating!

Anyone's life truly lived consists of work, sunshine, exercise, soap, plenty of fresh air, and a happy contented spirit.
Lillie Langtry



Y PAM

No comments:

Post a Comment