Friday, July 29, 2011

U is for Ugly

Yes, we all know that dieting and exercising is UGLY.  There is nothing pretty about it.  Except if the results are good!  Then it is BEAUTIFUL! 

I have struggled with my weight off and on most of my adult life.  I have never been extremely overweight, but in the last 18 months I have gained 20 pounds and it seems the harder I try to lose weight the more I gain.  UGH!

I am my own worst enemy though.  I think I told you in an earlier post I LOVE TO EAT (and drink)!  I don't drink (alcoholic beverages) every day, usually just on the weekend.  Even then I don't drink a lot unless I am with certain friends or we go to my favorite mexican restaurant.  Actually two drinks for me is a lot!  But it's the calorie count in those drinks and the amount of food that I eat while I am drinking.  Who can say no to a yummy frozen margarita, on a hot summer evening, on the patio at El Toro's?  Not me! 

I have started Weight Watchers again and I am counting my points and writing everything down.  I have gone over a few times since I joined.  Some of my co-workers love to go out to eat EVERY DAY for lunch!  I can't resist when they go to my favorite places.  Ok.  I'll admit it.  Almost every place is my favorite place.  There are only a few places that I really don't like to go too.  All of that is going to change though.  No more going out for lunch.  I am bringing my lunch and I am going to eat it!  If they go out, then they go out.  I can't stop them, but I can stop me!  I know I have said that before too, but I really mean it this time! 

I refuse to buy clothes in a bigger size.  I have a closet full of clothes that are a little snug (ok, a lot snug).  Dieting and exercising might be UGLY, but a fat girl in clothes that are too tight is even UGLIER! 

V will be for VICTORY, because I intend to lose weight by time I write my next post! 



Y PAM


Winston Churchill
Never, never, never, never give up.

2 comments:

  1. You can do it! If it works for me, WW can work for anyone. I eat yogurt and fruit for breakfast (4 points), try to keep lunch at 9 points or less, and bring lots of fruit to work to snack on. If I don't go home for a big salad at lunch, I get a Subway salad or one of the low-fat subs (6" of course!). Depending on what we have for dinner (and I'm grateful my partner is also on WW), that usually leaves enough points for my nightly ice cream. If not, that's what the weekly points are for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support! I have been eating yogurt and fruit for breakfast too, but I think I need more protein or something more filling like oatmeal or scrambled egg (in the micro) with a piece of thinly sliced ham and shredded cheese (got that idea from Hungry Girl ~ she is on the food network and she also has a website). I also need to stay away from my co-workers at lunchtime! =) Of course, I only get 29 points and boy those go fast! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete