Sunday, July 22, 2012

Weigh In Sunday #1 - July 22, 2012

My niece, Kara, over at HowIChow has started Weigh-In Wednesdays as a means to hold herself accountable for the goals that she is making.  I have decided to join her.

As she said, there's nothing like sharing your weight with the world to make you kick it into overdrive to make real, lasting changes!

For me, it's not just a number on the scale.  I have been obsessed with my weight all my adult life.  As a teenager, I never really had a weight problem.  I didn't have to worry about what I ate.  I could basically eat anything, anytime and I stayed pretty much the same weight. 

Once I had children all that changed.  I had to start that endless diet and exercise cycle.  Finally in the late 1990's I started getting up early in the morning and running and the weight just started falling off!  I kept it off for several years too, but then in March 2001 I had a hysterectomy.  In April 2001 I had a stroke and in June 2001 the company I was working for went bankrupt and I lost my job.  A lot of major things to happen in a short period of time.  With the combination of the hysterectomy and stroke I was put on a lot of medication.  Slowly the weight started coming back on.

When I was finally given the go ahead I started running again, but this time the weight wasn't falling off.  I tried diet after diet.  Nothing seemed to work like before.  Then I just gave up and the weight just kept creeping on. 

I am going to post a picture of my weight.  The last time I weighed this much I had a 10 pound baby in my belly!!!  I don't have that excuse now.  Here it is:


 
I have joined the gym with a co-worker and we are going three days a week using our lunch break and exercise time combined.  Where I work we have been given 2 1/2 hours of exercise time to use each week.  You can break it down and use it the way you want too.  We have decided to use it 50 minutes a day for three days.  I'm also going to try to go twice a week after work and do Zumba. 

I am going to give myself small goals to accomplish each week.  I'm starting out small so I won't feel overwhelmed and give up! 

My first goal is to bring my lunch every day to work and actually eat it.  I will allow myself to go out once a week only. 

I hope you come back next Sunday and find out how I'm doing. 


YPAM

2 comments:

  1. It's so very brave of you to post the truth. I might have to follow your lead. Maybe. And check out my blog today about how weight isn't the only number to watch. Write down your measurements and check them every two or three months. You know I'm pulling for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I saw your blog post on measurements. That is one of the things the gym does when you join. They take all your measurements and body fat, etc. I don't think I will post those numbers! I'm not that brave!!! Thanks for the encouragement! You'll never know how much that helps!!!!

    ReplyDelete