Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Little Old Ladies


As most of you know, my mom fell on December 10, 2010 and suffered a severe brain injury.  She is now in a nursing facility because she is unable to walk on her own and cannot take care of herself.

We go to visit her about 4-5 times a week.  When we go during the week it is after I get off work, so we usually arrive about the time they are going to the dining room to eat.

I have to tell you I have overheard some wonderful conversations between some of the residents there.

The population is mainly elderly women between the ages of 70 and 100.  Yes, there is a 100 year old woman there and she gets around better than I do sometimes!  I would guess that there is probably 1 man for every 25 women there.

The men mainly talk about sports and sometimes the talking can get heated!!

A conversation that I hear between two ladies that sit at the table behind my mom is usually about the same every day.  I had to share with you all because I think it is the sweetest thing.

Lady #1:  Have you eaten at this restaurant before?
Lady #2:  Oh yes, we come here almost every day.

Lady #1:  Do they have good food?
Lady #2:  Yes and if you don't like what they bring out just tell them and they will get you something else.

Lady #1:  I don't have my purse with me.
Lady #2:  That's okay.  They will just bill you.

Lady #1:  I hope my daughter can find me.  She dropped me off at the door.
Lady #2:  Yes, my husband usually ends up sitting at another table because it gets so crowded.  (Her husband died a few years ago...)

After they finish eating:
Lady #1:  Be careful going home.
Lady #2:  You too dear.  

Tomorrow they will not remember that they had this conversation.......

Until next time.....

YPAM

No comments:

Post a Comment