Sunday, August 19, 2012

My Shopping Trip

As most of you know, I love coupons, sales and saving money.  I have been using coupons for about a year now and although I am still not a pro at it ,I am getting better.

There is a lot to learn when it comes to coupons and saving money and I think I learn something new every week!  Some people think that all you have to do is cut coupons out of the paper and take them to the store with you, but there is so much more to it than that.  You have to look at all the sales and find what store has the best price and/or best incentive and use the coupon there.  I know a lot of you are thinking it takes too much time, but it really doesn't.  You just need to find a few blogs to follow and they will do most of the work for you!

My favorite coupon blogs are The Krazy Coupon Lady, One Frugal Chick, SouthernSavers, and Bluegrass Savers. These are just a few of my favorite.  There are probably 1,000's of them out there, so just look around and find a few of your favorite to follow.  Once you start following them, you'll get a better understanding of sales, coupons and incentives.

I usually go to Walgreen's, CVS and Rite-Aid about once a week.  Sometimes more just depending on the sales and if I missed something the first time around.  I try to go at the beginning of the week, but sometimes I don't get around to it until the end of the week.  That is what happened this week.  I had a migraine almost all week, so I didn't do a lot of looking or shopping.  Finally on Saturday I sat down with the computer and stalked the other blogs for about an hour and found the best deals.  I thought I would share with you my shopping trip.  This is what was on sale last week, so it's too late for you to get the same deals (maybe).  Sometimes they run the same deals a few weeks at a time, so you will just have to do some stalking like I did.

My first stop was Rite-Aid.  They had Halls Cough Drops on sale for $1.50 each (they are usually $1.99 each) and when you bought 2 you received a $1 Up Reward (these print off at the bottom of your receipt and you can use them on your next purchase to get $1 off or whatever the amount is).  I also used a coupon for $1/2.  They had Listerine Mouthwash for $3.99 and when you bought 1 you received $1 Up Reward.  I had two coupons for the mouthwash.  One was $1/1 manufacturers coupons and the other was $1/1 Adperk coupon (these are Rite-Aid coupons that you get from their website and you have to watch a little video to get the coupon).  I also bought Purell Hand Sanitizer for $3.59 and when you bought 1 you received $2 Up Reward.  My last item there was Oral B Glide Floss, regular $4.49, on sale for $3.49 and when you buy 1 you receive a $2 Up Reward.  I did three separate transactions.  First transaction was the Purell hand Sanitizer, on sale for $3.59, I used a $1/1 coupon and I used a $2 Up Reward that I had from last week.  That brought my total out of pocket (OOP) to .81 and I received another $2 Up Reward.  My second transaction was for the floss.  It was regular $4.49, on sale for $3.49, I had a .75/1 coupon and I used the $2 Up Reward from my first transaction.  My total OOP was .95 and I received another $2 Up Reward.  My last transaction I bought 2 halls cough drops, regular $1.99, on sale for $1.50 and I used $1/2 coupon.  I also purchase mouthwash, regular $5.79, on sale for $3.99 and I had 2 $1/1 coupons.  I also used the $2 Up Reward from the previous transaction and that brought my total to $3.02 and I received 2 $1 Up Rewards.  My total OOP at Rite-Aid was $4.78 and I still have $2 in Up Rewards left and I bought $18.25 worth of products.  I saved $13.47!  Not bad!!!

My second stop was at Walgreens.  My first transaction I bought a toothbrush, regular 4.19, on sale for 2.99, had a $1/1 coupon and received a $1 Register Reward.  I also purchase Herbal Essences Shampoo and Conditioner, regular price 3.99, on sale for 3.00, used a $3/2 coupon and received a $1 RR.  I also used a $3 RR from a previous transaction and my total OOP for this transaction was $2.53 and I have 2 $1 RR for a future purchase.  My second transaction was for 2 Scope Mouthwash, regular price 4.29, on sale for 2.25 and I had a $1.50/2 coupon.  I also purchased crest toothpaste, regular price 3.99, on sale for 2.25 and I had a $1.50/2 coupon.  I also used the 2 $1 RR from previous transaction and my total OOP was 4.54 and I have a $3 RR and a $1 RR to use for a future transaction.  My total OOP at Walgreens was $7.07 and I still have $4 in RR left and I bought $28.73 worth of products.  I saved $21.66!

My final stop CVS.  I only purchased one thing there, a Venus Razor.  It was $14.99 regular price, on sale for 9.99 and I had a $4 coupon and a $1.50 CVS coupon.  My total OOP was 5.00 and I received a $4 Extra Buck to be used on a future order. 

Here is a picutre of all of my goodies!  Hope you enjoyed shopping with me this week and I hope this wasn't too confusing for you!






YPAM

No comments:

Post a Comment