Monday, August 27, 2012

Weigh In Sunday #6 August 26, 2012

I have come to the conclusion that I am my own worst enemy.   No matter how hard I try to diet and exercise I can always come up with an excuse not to.  It's like I have an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other.  The angel is telling me to diet and exercise, but that devil tempts me with food and gives me reasons that I shouldn't exercise.

Of course, this week the devil won.  Seems like the devil is always winning though.  So, I have decided to make a deal with the devil!  Actually, what I am going to do is have a little talk with that devil.  And, yes, I know I will be talking to myself, but that's okay.  There's nothing wrong with talking to yourself!  I'm probably more likely to listen to myself than to someone else.

I also came across a few dieting tips today.  They were both in my Prevention magazine.  The first one said that dieters who eat dessert with breakfast my lost more weight than those who don't.  Two groups were instructed to eat the same number of calories daily-the difference was that one group ate a small treat after a protein-rich breakfast.  Those who indulged lost nearly 40 pounds more, on average, than the others!  Researchers think the sweets provide a lasting serotonin surge that diminishes cravings throughout the day.  So take that devil!  I'm going to have to dessert with breakfast and still lose weight!

The second article I read said a 5-foot-4 woman who weighs 160 pounds may be healthier and live longer than one who tips the scales at 100.  Being obese is unhealthy, but just a little extra weight gives you more infection-fighting white blood cells without raising other risks too high.  Another kick in the gut Mr. Devil!

So, having said all of that, I won't be weighing in this week.  Even Weight Watchers gives you a "free" week.  So I am using that this week.

I know next weekend is a holiday weekend and my father-in-laws 80th birthday, but I will just save my piece of birthday cake and have it after breakfast the next day!!

Until next time......


YPAM

No comments:

Post a Comment